Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pink and Bronze Necklace

This is my newest etsy listing;


I love this necklace and made it while thinking of my daughter, which of course makes it even more special to me. I was never a girl who was into pink until I meet my daughter and she changed all that (among so many other things).

The necklace is strung with swarovski bicone crystals in an incredible deep pink color along with bronze bead spacers, all on bronze beading wire. However the pendant is the pièce de résistance, made with blended pink and beige polymer clay. The main part is a square with a flower shape cut out. It was then stamped with a phrase and flowers, then I baked it. This is the phrase that can be partially seen.

****Some people come into our lives and quietly stay. Others stay for a while, leaving footprints in our hearts and we are never the same.****

I then went over that with gold paint to bring out the saying. It was then sealed to protect the paint. There is a small polymer clay bead in the center that is hanging from a twirling piece of bronze wire. This piece will not just highlight an outfit, it will make your outfit!

For more pieces go tohttp://www.bellissimadesigns.etsy.com

I would love to hear what you think of it!

2 comments:

momof2boyz said...

You are making your own pendants now!!! Do you do beads, too? Plus, all your paintings. Where do you find the time?
~ Tracy (your sister) giggle

Sherri said...

Hey Tracy,
I do make beads also, this piece has beads I made in it.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23789592

I could ask you the same thing with everything you do, including the incredible cards you make :)

Sherri

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin